The Alcazar of Jerez de la Frontera is a former Moorish alcázar, now housing a park, in Jerez de la Frontera, Andalusia, Spain. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1931.
A first fortress was probably built in the 11th century, when Jerez was part of the petty kingdom of the taifa of Arcos de la Frontera, on a site settled since prehistoric times in the south-eastern corner of the city. In the 12th century, a new structure was erected to be used as both residence and fortress by the Almohad rulers of southern Spain. Later, after the Reconquista of Andalusia, it was the seat of the first Christian mayors.
Source: Wikipedia l Read on